Monday, November 11, 2013

Hello Blog World! It's been a while.

Oh how it feels so good to be blogging again. It was a crazy summer and we have been so busy the last 6 months that design and blogging kinda got put on the back burner due to a little thing called "LIFE". But alas...I am getting back in the swing of things and it feels good to be designer and blagging again.

We moved at the end of the summer into an apartment. Besides unpacking, organizing and purging that natutarally come with a new move, re-design happens as well. Fitting what you have into a new space and also looking for ways to freshen up brings a new excitement into the settling down process.

Now...as a designer I have learned how to design a complete room in a short amount of time. But when it comes to choosing items, paint and furniture for my own existing space I take FOREVER! 
Seriously, I know I am not the only designer that has this problem but sometimes I feel so silly. So as I go through my indecisive phase I have splattered my walls with paint swatches. My husband hates it but I do it this way for a couple of reasons.

#1--It motivates us to paint walls a little faster. 

#2--I ALWAYS tell my clients to paint samples on the wall. You get a better perspective of what they will REALLY look like. I mean honestly! Those little pathetic paint swatches are almost useless.

#3--EVERY color changes in different lights. So by painting it on the wall you can see how it changes from morning, midday and evening light.

So here are the colors I have "splattered" as my husband would say. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment