Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Client Nursery E-Design

Every once in a while I get really low budgets for bedrooms. Which I like a lot because one...I don't feel like the only person who has a husband still in school and can't afford a 15,000 living room and two...it keeps me on my feet and forces me to get creative. 

I had the chance of doing a nursery Design for a client. Her and her kids are so cute. She has a baby boy and toddler girl living in the same room size 9x12. Her husband is going to school but she still wanted to have a cohesive area where the babies could not only sleep but play. 

Challenges: No painting the white walls. $150 Budget. And two cribs.

So this is what we came up with...


1-3 Fabrics for bedding.

6-7 Photo frame Ideas

9-Painted area rug


She was so excited! Even though it is not much of a budget she was willing to put in the work. I can't wait to see how the room turns out. =) 

So my designer tip tuesday that was suppose to be yesterday but I am linking it to this project!

Tip: If you are having a low budget...make sure you are realizing all the work YOU will have to do. Low budgets = a lot of DIY. Which is fine but be ready to get down and dirty on sewing machine and get your paint clothes on. So be realistic when you are setting a budget and ask yourself...how much work do I want to do?

Enjoy the day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment