Sunday, November 27, 2011

What I have been up to, Christmas Advent Printables, & Magic Reindeer Food Printables

All of you may have noticed that I have been missing the past two months. I have actually missed blogging a ton. But I will update you on my new little adventure. I (and my husband) have recently become part owner in a flooring design store called Source 1 Floor Design. So you can only imagine how busy I have been. Haha!
So this is our store front below...


The showroom and building are extremely nice and big. I wish I would have taken pictures of the inside for you. Next time I guess. We have big plans for this business. It has been a flooring/backsplash company for over 30 years and we have added counter tops, cabinetry, and Carpet Cleaning services already since taking over in October. So we have been very very busy and we feel very very blessed for the success we have seen from our efforts. We plan on adding hardware, plumbing fixtures, drapery, and we have a few other ideas up our sleeves. The idea is to make it a one stop shop for designing your home. Its pretty exciting!

I have learned more in 2 months than I can even tell you and it has been a fun journey so far. The team and employees I work along side are wonderful and so good at what they do so it makes my job as an owner a lot easier and much less stressful. 

Yet...we have alot to do on the branding and marketing side of everything like changing our logo, updating the store front, and marketing our new services we will be offering.

This is my new office I will be using and calling my own. I can't wait to fix it up. It has a Gaudy gold/mustard on the walls right now but that will change. I have big plans for it. The floors are a beautiful hardwood too.




.........................................................

Now on to the fun stuff....CHRISTMAS!
My husband (Ryan) and I love this time of the year. We are getting really excited about family coming in, parties, playing "Santa" and spending time with our little boy. We have put up the tree but it is not decorated yet, and we have put SOME of our Christmas lights out. Like I said...been busy. Haha. =) But here are some fun little advent printables for you that we will be using for our Advent Calendar and Christmas Countdown. We tried to do things that we thought Mavrick would like and some of the activities are catered to us adults.

Christmas Advent Tags & Activities
Download Christmas Advent Tags

I just printed them out on white cardstock, cut them evenly in between each one to where a little green was making a border. I put them in a jar and we are trying to do 1-2 a day. It reminds us to spend time with our little boy and do Christmas activities. Also...on the download, when you go to the link... I shared a blank one with just the graphics if you would like to use it to create your own activities. I didn't do anything that involved snow cause it doesn't snow in South East Texas. Just fill in each tag with your own family traditions and activities you would like to do. 


Magic Reindeer Food

Here is another fun easy project we are going to do with Mavrick. Its called Magic Reindeer food. I saw Amy from the Idea Room do a version of it but I wanted to keep with my cute Reindeer that I came up with. I made a few extra for my nieces and nephews to. I think they would be so much fun to do for a Kid Christmas Party.

The poem goes like this...

Sprinkle on the lawn at night
The moon (Rudolph's Nose) will make is sparkle bright
As Santa's Reindeer fly and roam 
This will guide them to your home.

How cute is that!? What I fun little tradition to start with you kids. 



I just printed them out on cardstock, punched two holes in them, and then strung some jute through it. Makes is look a little better than just staples. But staples work just fine too. 


Here is the recipe for the MAGIC Reindeer Food:
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup red or green sugar crystals (for cake decorating)


Below are what the printables will look like.

Download Reindeer Food Labels

I hope all of you guys enjoy these printables. I am excited to do them with my family. Feel free to download any of them.  It feels good to be back and blogging. 

Enjoy!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. thks

    http://phone-app-3g.blogspot.com/2011/12/download-christmas-advent-calendar-2011.html

    ReplyDelete