Thursday, May 19, 2011

Antique Sewing Base Tables

My brother is in England right now with his little family. I am so jealous! I want to go so bad one day. I am obsessed with old world architecture. But while he was eating in a cute little cafe near Buckingham Palace (it makes you sick. I know.) he noticed the tables and thought that I would appreciate them. And I do. 

It is an old singer sewing machine base with a marble top. How clever and cute! I love it!



 I want to go rummage through my Grandparents stuff now and try to find one to use. What a great way to combine the old with the new. My sister-in-law has one and she uses it as a little side table in her bedroom! It looks so good. But here are some other ideas I have found.


I love the simple design of this desk. I could see myself at it!
{source}

This one they turned into a long dining table with 3 bases. SO clever.
{source}

And you can never have enough white wrought iron accents in your backyard or garden, right?
{source}
So next time you are offered an old sewing machine by an OLDER relative...take it! 
Like I said...it is a great way to fuse together old heritage with new life and still keep it functional and beautiful.

Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. that is so cool! what a great idea, I'm not always a big re-purposing fan but I love this idea.

    ReplyDelete