Saturday, December 8, 2012

Double Chocolate & Toffee Brownie Bites


I am not a baker by any means. You can ask anyone who knows me well, especially my husband. I have to work at it. So I like to stick to simple recipes that are very forgiving. Like brownies. I saw this recipe for Toffee Brownie Cookies and thought..."mmmm, two of my favorite things wrapped in one!".  So I started with that recipe and tweaked it a little to my liking and doubled it so I could give it to families for Christmas. I love how chocolatey and moist they came out but still had the flakey brownie outside with a little toffee crunch! So Yummy!

Double Chocolate & Toffee Brownie Bites

Makes about 8 dozen (you can half it if you are not planning on giving them as gifts)

Ingredients
8 oz of semi-sweet chocolate chips
8 oz of milk chocolate chips
8 tbsp of butter
2 cups of suger
6 eggs
2 tsp of vanilla
3 cups of flour
6 tbsp of cocoa powder
1 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 - 8 oz bag of toffee bits
  1. Pre-heat oven to 325*. Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
  2. Carefully melt chocolate chips and butter in the microwave or on the stove until well blended.
  3. Beat sugar and eggs with a mixer. Add vanilla and beat again.
  4. Next, add melted chocolate, baking powder, cocoa, and flour into the bowl until well mixed.
  5. Stir in toffee chips reserving 1/2 cup for topping the brownies.
  6. Fill the cups 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 10 min.
  7. Pull out of oven and immediately top with bits of toffee and let sit for 5 min.
  8. Place on baking rack and let cooler for 15 min longer before packaging.

I just got these Chinese-take-out boxes on clearance last year after Christmas and packaged them in those. My kinda gift...simple, homemade and easy.



As you can tell my son enjoyed them a lot too!

No comments:

Post a Comment