I am not a baker by any means. You can ask anyone who knows me well, especially my husband. I have to work at it. So I like to stick to simple recipes that are very forgiving. Like brownies. I saw this recipe for Toffee Brownie Cookies and thought..."mmmm, two of my favorite things wrapped in one!". So I started with that recipe and tweaked it a little to my liking and doubled it so I could give it to families for Christmas. I love how chocolatey and moist they came out but still had the flakey brownie outside with a little toffee crunch! So Yummy!
Double Chocolate & Toffee Brownie BitesMakes about 8 dozen (you can half it if you are not planning on giving them as gifts)
8 oz of semi-sweet chocolate chips
8 oz of milk chocolate chips
8 tbsp of butter
2 cups of suger
2 tsp of vanilla
3 cups of flour
6 tbsp of cocoa powder
1 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 - 8 oz bag of toffee bits
- Pre-heat oven to 325*. Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- Carefully melt chocolate chips and butter in the microwave or on the stove until well blended.
- Beat sugar and eggs with a mixer. Add vanilla and beat again.
- Next, add melted chocolate, baking powder, cocoa, and flour into the bowl until well mixed.
- Stir in toffee chips reserving 1/2 cup for topping the brownies.
- Fill the cups 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 10 min.
- Pull out of oven and immediately top with bits of toffee and let sit for 5 min.
- Place on baking rack and let cooler for 15 min longer before packaging.
I just got these Chinese-take-out boxes on clearance last year after Christmas and packaged them in those. My kinda gift...simple, homemade and easy.
As you can tell my son enjoyed them a lot too!